The Bernstein Center For Visual Performance is located on the lobby level of the professional building at 701 Westchester Avenue in White Plains, NY.
The Center specializes in the diagnosis of vision problems (Comprehensive Vision Exam) and provides Optometric Vision Therapy to improve these problems.
The Center serves the greater New York, Westchester County, Fairfield County, CT, and Northern New Jersey communities.
Together with our general optometry practice (Family Vision Care Associates, at the same location) we offer a complete range of eye examination and treatment services.
History and Staff
| Drs. Ira and Paul Bernstein (back row), plus (l-r) Barbara Herlihy, Christina Casarella , and Milcah Sprenger (more info).
The Bernstein Center for Visual Performance (originally named the Center for Vision and Learning) was founded in January, 2000, by Drs. Ira and Paul Bernstein.
As the diagnosis and awareness of binocular vision problems and their related learning/reading problems has gained broader awareness, the Bernstein Center was created to provide state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of these problems through vision therapy.
Led by behavioral optometrist Dr. Paul Bernstein (read more about Dr. Paul), the staff of the center (read more) provides a wide range of testing services for binocular vision dysfunction, delivers treatment and vision therapy sessions, and provides support and training for parents and family members to continue therapy sessions at home - when required.
Services: Bernstein Center For Visual Performance
- Comprehensive Vision Exams
- Optometric Vision Therapy Treatment
- Perceptual Testing and Treatment
- Strabismus Evaluation and Therapy
- Amblyopia Evaluation and Therapy
- Vision Evaluation of Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI, TBI, Stroke) & Rehabiliatation
- Computer Vision Syndrome, Diagnosis & Therapy
- Sports Vision Enhancement, Diagnosis & Therapy
The Bernstein Center for Visual Performance is a member of the American Optometric Association (AOA) and the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD), and all of the organizations listed below. Dr. Paul Bernstein serves on both the Testing Board and Governing Board of COVD. The Center is one of only three sites chosen for externships by The State University of New York (SUNY). Dr. Paul is also an adjunct assistant clinical professor at SUNY and at Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, TN.
(Please click on any of the icons to learn more about the organization)
Family Vision Care Associates
Family Vision Care Associates is a primary care optometry practice providing a full range of testing and services for children and adults. Founded by Dr. Ira Bernstein in 1960 (read more about Dr. Ira), Family Vision provides:
- InfantSEE® Program for Age 6 Months to 1 Year
- Pediatric Eye Examinations - Age 1 and beyond
- Annual Eye Examinations - All Ages
- Corrective Lenses (glasses)
- Soft, Gas Permeable, and Hybrid Contact Lenses for Regular Corneas
- Irregular Cornea Contact Lens Fitting/Rehabilitation
- Corneal Reshaping Therapy (CRT), Orthokeratology
- Low Vision Aids for people with severe vision problems
- Lenses, contacts, and frames through our fully stocked Dispensary
- Testing and Treatment for Glaucoma and Anterior Segment Disease
Both the Bernstein Center for Visual Performance and Family Vision Care Associates serve the following areas:
New York: Westchester County: White Plains, Chappaqua, Pleasantville, Briacliff Manor, Tarrytown, Elmsford, Hartsdale, Scarsdscale, Port Chester, Eastchester, New Rochelle, Rye, Mamaroneck, Larchmont, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle; Rockland County: Chestnut Ridge, Nyack, Spring Valley; Putnam County: Mahopac, Brewster, Carmel; NYC . Connecticut: Fairfield County: Greenwich, Stamford, Darien, Norwalk, New Canaan, Westport, Ridgefield.